As the weather cools and a certain virus dominates the news, the time is now to prepare your body for fighting off cold, flu, and other viruses. There are many natural ways to improve immunity and keep your T-cells operating at their best and fighting to keep you healthy.
Here are 10 natural ways to prime and prepare your immune system.
1. Get enough rest. No supplement necessary because no supplement can do for your body what the proper amount of sleep can. If you're not sleeping well, you'll make it harder for your immune system to fight when it needs to. Consider melatonin or Chelated magnesium if you need some extra help sleeping.
2. Explore Elderberry. The flowers and berries of theEuropean Elder tree are full of antioxidants and vitamins that can help boost your immune system. You can purchase over the counter liquid versions of elderberry such as Samubucus nigra or you can find it as an added ingredient in many homeopathic cough and cold remedies or lozenges. If you can find some, use fresh elderberries and make your own syrup.
3. Drink Ginger Tea with Honey. Honey and ginger are powerful anti-oxidants and anti-inflammatory substances. Some people even see an added benefit of weight loss when they drink ginger tea.
4. Be faithful to Vitamin D.Several studies now show that Vitamin D levelscould make a big difference in the way your body handles CoVID19. If you can, get some from the sun every morning—at least fifteen minutes without sunscreen. If you don't live in a place where full sun is accessible in the mornings, then make sure you're supplementing. Remember, Vitamin D is fat-soluble. So, taking the supplement with fat is key to absorption.
5. Take Zinc. Zinc is a critical mineral for normal development and function of your cells. Plus, zinc can help reduce inflammation.
6. Chug the Water.Water helps your body flush out toxins, so the more water you drink, the clearer you can keep your system of the toxins that can make it sick. If you're wanting to keep your immune system in peak condition—getting plenty of water is a key.
7. Drink Bone Broth. There's a reason why grandma's chicken soup was always the cure for whatever ailed you.Bone broth contains nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that can help heal your body.
8. Use Coenzyme Q10. CoQ10 is an antioxidant that your body's cells use for growth and maintenance. But, CoQ10 can play a pivotal role in helping protect your heart from damage that comes with certain viruses and illnesses.
9. Keep some NAC – N-Acetyl Cysteine on hand. NAC is a semi-essential amino acid that has been used for decades to treat a host of medical issues. NAC is also a power player in addressing immune health because it aids our bodies in the production of glutathione. NAC can reduce inflammation, eliminate free radicals, and help replenish natural antioxidant levels.
10. Try proBLENopathy Immune Support. If you're looking for a supplement to boost your immune system that includes several of the ingredients listed above plus other power immune boosters like: Beta 1 3D Glucan, garlic, apple cider vinegar, olive leaf, maitake muscroom, and cat's claw bark. This powerful spray can help you boost your immune system without taking a bunch of pills. Learn more here.